Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh Heating Mat Set
Made in Germany, this unique matting system has TwistedTwin heating cables that are only 3.5mm thick yet incredibly robust and longer lasting than comparable products on the market. By twisting them together, the electromagnetic field is eliminated and any stress, expansion and contraction of the cable is neutralised.
Built with safety in mind, the cables have a tough fluoropolymer coating on the outside as well as the internal conductors, a continuous armoured earth sheath and multi strand twin conductors. It's also got a twisted, multi strand earth braid across the entire length of the cable.
Easy to install on both concrete and timber substrates, Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh has Layflat technology which makes it quicker to install with less hassle. The self-adhesive fibreglass mesh sticks to your substrate and stops it floating in levelling compound or rising up through tile adhesive. It also features a low profile cold tail connection that's the thinnest on the market and has been designed to allow you to lay the matting flat to the floor, even when you need to curve it around corners. It's also recommended that you lay this matting on insulation boards to prevent downwards heat loss and maximise the efficiency of your heating. You'll need coated insulation boards for timber substrates and uncoated for concrete substrates (sold separately - see recommended extras)
You can use this product under carpet, laminate, wooden or tiled flooring. For installation under carpet, laminate or wooden flooring, simply use a layer of self-levelling compound over the top of the matting, for tiled flooring you'll need to use a layer of flexible tile adhesive (sold separately - see recommended extras).
With a single connection cable and the ability to wire multiple mats in parallel to a single thermostat (up to 3600W & sold separately), there's no need to chisel out your substrate, and you can also install within the adhesive layer of a tiled floor without the need for levelling compound or raising the floor level.
• Comes with: Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh self adhesive mat, factory test certificate & an installation guide
• 100W/m² matting is designed for using as a secondary heat source or as a primary heat source in well insulated new build homes.
• 150W/m² matting is designed for using as a primary heat source in well insulated areas with coverage of at least 80% of the floor.
• 200W/m² matting is designed for using as a primary heat source in areas of low insulation such as conservatories, or as a primary heat source in small rooms where floor space is limited.
• Made in Germany to the highest European standards
• TwistedTwin heating cable is incredibly safe, robust and longer lasting than others available on the market
• LayFlat technology makes installation super easy
• High grab self-adhesive mesh made from high quality fiberglass
• Cables are only 3.5mm thick
• Incredibly energy efficient
• Safe to use in wet areas
• Can be installed on concrete and timber substrates
• If installing on concrete substrates it's recommended to use an uncoated insulation board - sold separately, see recommended extras
• If installing on timber substrates it's recommended to use a coated insulation board - sold separately, see recommended extras
• Lifetime manufacturers guarantee
Product Code THERMONETEZ-PV Type Underfloor Heating Mats Brand Thermosphere Fuel SourceMore information Electric Style Modern Popular Features Slimline Design Heat Output (Watts)More information 150 GuaranteeMore information Lifetime
This is the source of fuel your radiator or towel rail will use to provide heat. Radiators will generate heat through central heating systems, electricity, or a combination of both with dual fuel.
These radiators will generate heat through the water pumped round your central heating system.
Electric radiators contain fluid heated by an electrical element. They plug into a socket or are wired directly into the mains.
Dual fuel radiators are able to run on both central heating and electric power. They contain a ‘summer’ heating element which will allow you to use your radiator in warmer months without needing to turn on your entire central heating system.
Watts is a measure of heat output used for electric radiators, with a higher watt figure meaning a higher heat output. Purchasing a radiator that has the correct wattage will ensure your room will be at a comfortable temperature without wasting energy.
By using our BTU calculator, you can calculate the number of watts your radiator needs to adequately heat your room.
All of our brand partners and manufacturers offer a warranty as standard. Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
- Delivery & Returns
COVID-19 Update (April 2021)
- Our website, warehouse and all courier partners are open and fully operational
- Our customer service and sales teams are available via email and live chat
- Stock availability for some items displaying a lead time (e.g. 3-7 days) or backorder date (e.g. Delivery from [date]) is occasionally falling short, and we would like to sincerely apologise if you are affected. We advise ordering 'In Stock' lines if you are working to very tight deadlines. Please see our note below.
How long will my delivery take?
Of the 5,000+ products we offer, around 1,000 lines are ready for immediate dispatch directly from our warehouse - these items are labelled as ‘In Stock’ or ‘Next Day Delivery.’
Other items will show an estimated lead time, such as 2-4 or 3-7 working days, and are ordered on-demand from our brand partners right away. This information is shown on each product page throughout the website, as well as in the basket prior to checkout, and in the checkout process itself.
If desired, you will be able to split your order into multiple deliveries during the checkout if they have different lead times.
Items showing ‘Delivery from [Date]’ are available to pre-order, and will be placed on back-order. There’s no need to worry about double delivery costs: any pre-order products in your basket will be split from your main delivery free of charge, therefore will not hold up your main order. These will be delivered as soon as they arrive in our warehouse.
We are currently seeing reduced accuracy with the stock information we get from our brand partners as well as unexpected delays to stock arriving in the UK. Although we are still meeting the vast majority of these lead times, we advise ordering 'In Stock' items if you are working to tight deadlines. We guarantee that we are doing everything in our power to minimise any delays, but we ask for your understanding about the impacts of Covid-19 and Brexit on our supply chain.
Our sales team are happy to specifically check any products not displaying as 'In Stock' - simply open a Live Chat with us or pop us an email.
Is delivery free of charge?
- Yes, we offer free standard delivery on UK mainland orders, but some area exclusions and surcharges apply*. We also offer premium next day and weekend services on 'In Stock' items from as little as £4.99.
- Items that are not available for next day or premium deliveries will display an estimated lead time displayed in working days (Mon-Fri). Please note that when ordering multiple items, the longest estimated lead time shown would apply to the complete order, although we do give you the option of splitting deliveries within the checkout if you would prefer to receive relevant items as quickly as possible via multiple consignments.
* Additional charges will usually apply to some areas of Northern Scotland and Scottish Isles, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland, as well as to some harder-to-reach areas of mainland UK for large or fragile items that are sent by pallet. These charges are displayed within the checkout, before any confirmation is required.
Next day, weekend & time-specific deliveries
If an item is 'In Stock', you will also be able to choose a number of other delivery options during the checkout.
For our other items that show a delivery estimate, you will not be able to choose next day or timed services. We aim to deliver the item within the advertised timescale.
We deliver small items (valves, brackets, hooks, heating controls etc.) to most of Europe. You will be informed if any of the items in your basket are not able to be sent to your country during the checkout process.
If your country is not listed, or if you want to order a larger item, we may still be able to help. Please contact us via email or live chat.
Returns & Collections
For unwanted items we offer 90 days for a credit note, and 30 days for a refund. Please note that there are a few items we are unable to take back, including some special finish taps and showers, toilet seats that have been opened, and bespoke orders. See our full returns policy.
We now offer a collection service for unwanted items. This is particularly useful for fragile, bulky items that are difficult to transport. Unwanted items can be collected at a convenient time and place via our own transport partners, typically within a 1 or 2 hour window. This is a chargeable service - for full details, please see our returns policy.
- Reviews (0)
- Customer Questions