Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh Heating Mat Set
Made in Germany, this unique matting system has TwistedTwin heating cables that are only 3.5mm thick yet incredibly robust and longer lasting than comparable products on the market. By twisting them together, the electromagnetic field is eliminated and any stress, expansion and contraction of the cable is neutralised.
Built with safety in mind, the cables have a tough fluoropolymer coating on the outside as well as the internal conductors, a continuous armoured earth sheath and multi strand twin conductors. It's also got a twisted, multi strand earth braid across the entire length of the cable.
Easy to install on both concrete and timber substrates, Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh has Layflat technology which makes it quicker to install with less hassle. The self-adhesive fibreglass mesh sticks to your substrate and stops it floating in levelling compound or rising up through tile adhesive. It also features a low profile cold tail connection that's the thinnest on the market and has been designed to allow you to lay the matting flat to the floor, even when you need to curve it around corners. It's also recommended that you lay this matting on insulation boards to prevent downwards heat loss and maximise the efficiency of your heating. You'll need coated insulation boards for timber substrates and uncoated for concrete substrates (sold separately - see recommended extras)
You can use this product under carpet, laminate, wooden or tiled flooring. For installation under carpet, laminate or wooden flooring, simply use a layer of self-levelling compound over the top of the matting, for tiled flooring you'll need to use a layer of flexible tile adhesive (sold separately - see recommended extras).
With a single connection cable and the ability to wire multiple mats in parallel to a single thermostat (up to 3600W & sold separately), there's no need to chisel out your substrate, and you can also install within the adhesive layer of a tiled floor without the need for levelling compound or raising the floor level.
• Comes with: Thermosphere Underfloor Mesh self adhesive mat, factory test certificate & an installation guide
• 100W/m² matting is designed for using as a secondary heat source or as a primary heat source in well insulated new build homes.
• 150W/m² matting is designed for using as a primary heat source in well insulated areas with coverage of at least 80% of the floor.
• 200W/m² matting is designed for using as a primary heat source in areas of low insulation such as conservatories, or as a primary heat source in small rooms where floor space is limited.
• Made in Germany to the highest European standards
• TwistedTwin heating cable is incredibly safe, robust and longer lasting than others available on the market
• LayFlat technology makes installation super easy
• High grab self-adhesive mesh made from high quality fiberglass
• Cables are only 3.5mm thick
• Incredibly energy efficient
• Safe to use in wet areas
• Can be installed on concrete and timber substrates
• If installing on concrete substrates it's recommended to use an uncoated insulation board - sold separately, see recommended extras
• If installing on timber substrates it's recommended to use a coated insulation board - sold separately, see recommended extras
• Lifetime manufacturers guarantee
Product Code THERMONETEZ-PV Type Underfloor Heating Mats Brand Thermosphere Fuel SourceMore information Electric Style Modern Popular Features Slimline Design Heat Output (Watts)More information 150 GuaranteeMore information Lifetime
This is the source of fuel your radiator or towel rail will use to provide heat. Radiators will generate heat through central heating systems, electricity, or a combination of both with dual fuel.
These radiators will generate heat through the water pumped round your central heating system.
Electric radiators contain fluid heated by an electrical element. They plug into a socket or are wired directly into the mains.
Dual fuel radiators are able to run on both central heating and electric power. They contain a ‘summer’ heating element which will allow you to use your radiator in warmer months without needing to turn on your entire central heating system.
Watts is a measure of heat output used for electric radiators, with a higher watt figure meaning a higher heat output. Purchasing a radiator that has the correct wattage will ensure your room will be at a comfortable temperature without wasting energy.
By using our BTU calculator, you can calculate the number of watts your radiator needs to adequately heat your room.
All of our brand partners and manufacturers offer a warranty as standard. Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
- Delivery & Returns
COVID-19 Update (30/03/2020)
- Our website remains open for orders
- Our warehouse and courier partners are operational
- Our customer service and sales team are working from home and are available via telephone, email and live chat
How long will my delivery take?
Items in stock and ready for immediate dispatch display ‘In Stock’. Other items show the estimated delivery time, such as 1-2 or 2-4 working days. This information is given to you on each product page throughout the website, as well as in the basket prior to checkout, and in the checkout process itself.
How much does delivery cost?
- Free delivery on UK mainland orders. Area exclusions and surcharges apply*. We also offer next day and weekend services on certain items starting at £7.99.
- Items that are not available for next day or premium deliveries will display an estimated lead time displayed in working days (Mon-Fri). Please note that when ordering multiple items, the longest estimated lead time shown would apply to the complete order.
* Additional charges will usually apply to some areas of Northern Scotland and Scottish Isles, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland, as well as to some areas of mainland UK for very large or fragile items that are sent by pallet.
Next day, weekend & time-specific deliveries
If an item is 'In Stock', you will also be able to choose a number of other delivery options during the checkout.
For our other items that show a delivery estimate, you will not be able to choose next day or timed services. We aim to deliver the item within the advertised timescale.
We deliver small items (valves, brackets, hooks, heating controls etc.) to most of Europe. You will be informed if any of the items in your basket are not able to be sent to your country during the checkout process.
If your country is not listed, or if you want to order a larger item, we may still be able to help. Please call us on 01202 612808.
- Reviews (0)
- Customer Questions